Heavy equipment is essential for getting the job done right when you have a big project. Cranes serve many uses on a large-scale project and are often the only solution for many project needs. However, buying or leasing a crane may not be a practical solution, this is why crane rental Columbus provides a useful alternative for your project needs.
Renting a crane can be the perfect solution to your project needs and is superior to buying in many situations. Here are some of the reasons why renting a crane is a good idea.
Five Reasons To Rent A Crane
If you are considering renting a crane, here are some advantages to doing so.
- Affordability: a crane is an expensive piece of equipment both to purchase and to maintain. In some cases, the cost of owning a crane is prohibitive, even if you require one. If you undertake several large projects a year, then crane ownership does make sense as this is a core part of your business activities. However, if you only do one or two yearly projects that need a crane, renting can save you a good deal of money. Also, when you rent you don’t have to pay for repairs, upkeep, and storage.
- Transport and Insurance Benefits: when renting a crane, much of the associated costs become the responsibility of your rental partner. When renting a crane, it is delivered to the job site and taken back by the owners once the agreed-upon rental period is done. In terms of insurance that is covered by the owner and while some may charge you a one-time cost for the coverage, that is still only for the time you are using the crane.
- You Get Exactly The Equipment You Need: by renting equipment, you have access to an assortment of different crane types allowing you to rent the exact type of crane you need for your current project. By renting, you always have the exact type of equipment you need and can easily make changes without having to pay a large amount of overhead or manage your equipment stock.
- Flexibility: not every job requires the same type of equipment or even the same type of crane. Even if you are not undertaking a wide assortment of projects, these can still vary in equipment needs. With crane rentals, you can swap equipment as the need arises, even on the same project. This also makes responding to repair needs or breakdowns easier as the rental company handles this aspect of crane management.
- Safety: by renting a crane you also improve onsite safety. This is because you have specific equipment for your project which makes the entire process more streamlined and ensures you have the right tool for the task at hand. Plus, when renting, the equipment you’re using is maintained and repaired by professionals, meaning it is in good condition. Crane repair and upkeep is an involved process and can take months to properly own. By renting, this is already taken care of.
Cranes are used in many different industries and have a variety of uses. If you need a crane, you don’t have to make a large investment in purchasing or maintaining your equipment. With crane rentals, you have access to various types of cranes at an affordable price.